It’s been a reoccurring theme in my life the past few years to be totally weird. Here’s one definition of what that means:
adj. weird·er, weird·est
- Of, relating to, or suggestive of the preternatural or supernatural.
- Of a strikingly odd or unusual character; strange.
- Archaic Of or relating to fate or the Fates.
However, I think it looks a bit more like this!
- Saving ahead of time & paying cash for everything.
- Waking up at 4:40am to join #5Club (I’m told this is more along the lines of “crazy” than “weird.” Sweet! At least my dog joins me.)
- Saying “No” more than saying “Yes.”
- Hating debt.
- Loving giving!
- Appreciating the painful growth of discipline.
- Selling material possessions for something more rewarding.
- Accepting failure.
- Taking my lunch to work.
- Doing my best to eat out only once a week.
- Fighting through the disappointment of others when an event is not in my budget. (This ain’t easy.)
- Waiting. And waiting. And waiting for sales.
- Feeling the warmth of the Holy Spirit when speaking financial Truth into your life.
- Nerding out when someone asks me about Financial Peace University!
- Feeling His grace pat my back when no remaining bills arrive after our wedding.
- Paying cash at our honeymoon destination. (SO weird!!)
- Believing “two become one” in marriage means finances, too.
- Going to a movie theater about once a month.
- Getting rid of cable to only watch Netflix via our Roku player.
- Punching fears I’ve let control my life for too long.
- Befriending someone who the world says I shouldn’t.
- Being ok with being weird.
- Loving other weirdies. ♥
- Getting excited to buy this one day.
- Realizing I could write blog posts out of most of these bullet points.
Ok, friends, there’s my list! Now it’s your turn.
How are you weird, strikingly odd and unusual? Let your weirdness shine below in the comments!