We shouldn’t compare the start of our journey to the finish of someone else’s.
This is something I’ve learned over the last year and a half as I’ve been tackling my personal debt. You’re reading this in the middle of my journey as I’m just under $10,000 and started at $18,000 about 18 months ago. What an awesome, emotional ride it’s been!
This week I was blessed with the opportunity to interview with some awesome financial coaches about my successes and struggles on the road to #DebtFree. Check out the interview here!
Things I’ve learned now that I’m on the fun side of money management:
- Give to others. We are here to serve, not to be served.
- Live below my means.
- I gratefully think about my Emergency Fund a lot.
- Being a Budgeting Nerd can be fun!!
- Find strength in struggles then teach others how to overcome them as well.
- My dog doesn’t care how late it is when I get home from leading Financial Peace University, she still demands play time. :)
- Your support system can make or break your dreams. Choose wisely.
- I like to sprinkle my thoughts with emoticons. :)
- God loves me, is on my side, & wants me to succeed according to His plan, not my own.
- I take too long to start a blog. :)
Thanks for reading! More to come, so help me, Amber. ;)